Are you looking for the next opportunity to lead and be part of a team at one of the top employers of the world?
Schenker Logistics is looking for a Chief HR Officer who can be both a strategic and hands-on employee that will act primarily as partner to the cluster organisation Benelux, one of the clusters within the Europe organization. This cluster comprises approximately 3300 employees over 23 locations.
Your responsibility lies in building and steering current and future organisational and human capital readiness and performance in the cluster. Within the defined HR strategy, the position translates the business imperatives placing emphasis on driving performance, transformation, employee value, growth and experience. The CHRO supports the overall business plan and strategic direction of the cluster. Specifically in the areas of succession planning, talent management, change management, training and development and compensation. You will take responsibility for the consistent cascade and implementation execution of the HR strategy and organisational initiatives within the cluster. The role takes ownership to establish, bundle and represent cluster-specific business interest. Your HR team consists of 4 direct and about 30 indirect reports.
• Lead the cluster HR function in respect of HR and people related matters ensuring alignment with corporate policy, programmes and standards.
• Develop HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of the overall business operations objectives of the cluster.
• Function as a strategic business advisor to the leadership/management of each business unit regarding key organisational and management issues.
• In alignment with corporate standards and policies, ensure comprehensive compensation and benefits plans that are competitive and cost-effective are in place within the cluster.
• Ensure appropriate governance is in place related to all HR related matters, maintaining compliance in accordance with statutory and organisational standards.
The CHRO is part of the Regional HR Leadership team and reports functionally to the CHRO Region Europe and Disciplinary to the Cluster CEO.
DB Schenker is a world leading global logistics provider with around 2000 locations and more than 72.000 employees worldwide. They support industry and trade in the global exchange of goods through land transport, worldwide air and ocean freight, contract logistics and supply chain management. Their business holds top positions in automotive, technology, consumer goods, trade fair logistics, special transports, and fairs logistics.
To fill this challenging position, we are looking for candidates who meet the following profile:
You have a degree related to HR or Business. You have 10-15 years of practice as an HR professional, in a Benelux setting and experience in a fast paced and low margin sector (logistics, retail or FMCG). Experience with work councils is important and so is knowledge and experience with Dutch and Belgian labor law and culture.
You are a full-fledged HR discussion partner for management and management. Your international work experience allows you to understand the cultural differences and to adapt your behaviour accordingly.
Additionally, you have the following competencies:
• Change leader/organisational development
• Strategic & operative orientation (must be hands-on as well)
• Coaching capacity
• Business acumen
• Transition from reactive HR to BI data driven and steered
As an international market leader in transportation and logistics, DB Schenker offers exciting career opportunities for experienced professionals who are looking for an exciting and new challenge in their careers. As an employee, you can rely on DB Schenker to provide a fulfilling working environment. They promote teamwork, personal development, and professional development. They offer a very good benefits package.
Do you have any questions about the position? Contact Myriam de Haan, Sr. Business Consultant at Expand-Connecting HR, 073-615 59 80. Expand operates on an exclusive basis with Schenker. The client wishes not to be directly approached by candidates or other agencies.